Monday, January 6, 2014

Cold-bound

Vacation was extended a day because of the cold.  The boys did play a lot of video games today, but there was a hour or two of this:

They didn't even fight all that much.  I spent a good par of the day taking down Christmas decorations.  Another good chunk of time was spent making a big salad and stuffed shells with homemade sauce for dinner.  I used the cheese that Zachary made yesterday as part of the filling.  We got the call that school would be cancelled again just before dinner. Zach didn't seem to believe us again, but he was convinced when he saw it on TV. 

Earlier in the day, I had tried throwing boiling water in the air.  It was kind of cool, but I think it would have been more spectacular if it had been colder.  The bubble thing was another story.  I blew some bubbles, but couldn't catch any at first, so I didn't think anything was happening.  Then, Jeremy came out and found a frozen bit of busted bubble on the porch.  As we looked around, we saw a whole bubble.  Very fun.  We went out again and were finally able to catch one and watch it freeze.




No comments: