Tuesday, December 2, 2014

DPP Day 2

What I like about DPP is that it forces me to slow down and notice some of the small, sweet moments each day.  I struggle with the authenticity thing - I like to shine a light on the stolen moments of peace and joy this season.  Not every moment of the day is peaceful and joyful.  Today's rethinkchurch devotion focused on transformation.  I don't really think of myself as transforming the world at large.  Every day, my home is being transformed from a place of chaos to a place of peace and back again.  Over and over.  In the midst of school and activities and preparation and waiting, it is hard to think of myself as someone whose reach extends too much beyond my front door.  





 Today my Tuesday morning Bible study group (which I severely neglected this fall) had a brunch and ornament exchange.  It was a fun morning - a few stolen hours to relax and enjoy friends.

This evening, we ran to church for some preparations for this weekend's Living Nativity.  There's been lots of activity over there over the last several weeks.  Looking forward to seeing it all come together once again this year!








No comments: